Monday, September 20, 2004

Contrivance, thy name is Wicker Park.

Last last friday, I watched "Wicker Park", starring Josh Harnett (who I don't really find all that particularly hot...maybe it's because I find he bears an uncanny resemblance to Tommy Lee Jones.) The trailers made it out to be a lot more suspenseful and thriller-esque than it actually was. What kept the movie afloat was its crazily convoluted plotline, which kept my head spinning and my attention riveted to the ever-changing story.

Which is to say, I enjoyed it.

Tim didn't particularly like it. He explained in great detail to me how every crucial turn in the story was so contrived, how all the twists were so obviously set-up and how the writers must have thought they were so clever, until I hated the movie too.




(Well, I didn't really hate it...it just sounded so much more dramatic than "dislike". Blogwriting is all about the drama.)

4 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one who watched that movie... heh... heh. (Glad you blogged again!)

tim chan. =p

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Ange.. thanks alot for listening n the prayer!! =] i'm feeling alot better now!! i dunno... i felt this sense of peace while you were prayin 4 me!! =]]] so big THANKS!!!

angel

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

ange i wanted to watch that! now you've ruined it for me! it's like gossiping, except about a movie. now i "hate" the movie too... =( hahahaha

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ange, it's Peter!
How are you? It's certainly been a while since we've caught up. Anyhow, I wanted to ask if you could possibly send me your email address. (my computer crashed God knows how many times, so I keep losing info) My old boss wanted to see if she can contact you regarding some engineering stuff (remember how I used to work at a contracting firm who hired engineers for QA activities?). I think she just wants you as a contact because I believe they are getting alot of business up in the Montreal area. So, if you get a chance, shoot me an email and let me know how you are doing. pchang@vscnet.com doesn't work anymore. Email me at sosimpo2000@yahoo.com Thanks, and I hope all is well! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home