Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Shut up, Eva Longoria

So I was reading the newspaper yesterday morning as I was having my breakfast,and I flipped to the Arts and Entertainment section when I spied a small article on the 2005 MTV music awards (VMAs). It was mostly covering the fashion of course, because who are we kidding, MTV isn't about actual musical artistry anyway. So there was this line about Eva Longoria, the starlet of Desperate Housewives fame, showing up to the event in nothing more than a one-piece bathing suit and simpering to the audience "I wasn't going to let a little thing like a hurricane keep me from wearing my bathing suit."

Well, I just about choked on my cereal and felt a little sickened. A little thing like a hurricane? That's nice, Eva. Trivialize a disaster that has killed possibly hundreds so you can play up your sexpot image. That's right - this "little" hurricane sure didn't keep you from exposing as much of your flesh as possible but its only caused hundreds of thousands - of not millions of people to lose their homes. Of course, we probably can't expect these Hollywood starlets to possibly understand the implications of such horrendous events unless it hits them in their surgically enhanced faces.

I don't normally criticize people by name on this blog, and I don't like to - but I was really just too annoyed.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Charminglamb said...

I totally agree with you.
Charmaine

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Tim said...

But.. but... okay fine, you're right.

But she DID look good though! ;) hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home